Friday, November 21, 2008

What's it all mean?

Do you think anything happens by pure coincidence? I don't. I think there are only divine appointments. I think that my attending seminary was purposed to happen at just this time in history. Why? I don't know, I just know that God has a plan and that His timing is perfect. Funny how taking these classes have had the profound effect that they have had. I am more changed in these couple of months than I have been in the last two years. God has surely brought me face to face with challenging thoughts of which I've had to change my way of thinking. He isn't finished with me yet. I am currently in a class on spiritual formation and part of the study is to study the disciplines involved in a Christian's life. I thought I really prayed, but reading about prayer I realize I haven't even scratched the surface. I thought I really meditated, but reading about meditation I realize I haven't even scratched the surface. Let alone ever practiced some of these disciplines. I'm ashamed to say I've never fasted. The thought of it somewhat scares me too. And then there is solitude. I've been alone, but not for a purpose or even ON purpose. I have so much to learn. I'm hoping that blogging helps me see the things in my life that I need to change or have to work on. I guess I want to use this as a sort of journal. I'm not seeking to be eloquent in it nor even make sense sometimes. I just process things better as I ponder and type. Any suggestions, encouragement, or insights are completely welcome!

No comments: